Romona Youngquist Artist
"You can almost walk into her world. Her canvas is a portal to a place so peaceful and serene, you won't be in a hurry to leave."
Romona like to trick the eye, using muted colors and blurred contours painted as softly as a whisper. But in reality, her canvasses are a war zone and her weapons of choice-sand paper, ends of brushes, rags and anything unconventional she can employ in battle. She knows the skirmish is over when the painting has the power to speak directly to the viewer. When an onlooker can not resist stepping into her world full of atmosphere, mystery and a mood that takes you back to days gone by, she knows the battle has been won.
Her studio is tucked away in the lush Red Hills of Dundee Oregon, overlooking flourishing vineyards and breathtaking landscapes. Much of her inspiration comes from her surroundings - be it a weathered farmhouse, an ancient alder standing alone in resplendent autumn hues, or a muted meadow that pulls one's thoughts to a conscious digression.
Self taught with nature as her classroom and the great masters her teachers, she knew at age four that painting would be her calling.
Today you'll find her paintings as far away as Germany, London and downtown Manhattan. Her works have been published in the premier art magazines including Southwest Art, American Art Collector and Art Talk .
- Signs of Spring Art Prints by Romona Youngquist Artist from $115.00
- All Who Wander Art Prints by Romona Youngquist Artist from $140.00
- Vista From a Century Farm Art by Romona Youngquist Artist from $200.00
- Day is Done Art Prints by Romona Youngquist Artist from $175.00
- Country Garden Path Art Prints by Romona Youngquist Artist from $250.00
- Autumn Light Art Prints by Romona Youngquist Artist from $250.00
- Summer Art Prints by Romona Youngquist Artist from $95.00