Nancy Glazier Artist
Surrounded by mountain beauty and the animals the artist loves to paint, Glazier says, “I feel a kinship with the animal that grows as the painting progresses. There is a powerful chemistry at work. People ask me, ‘Which is your favorite animal to paint?’ I can tell you it is always the very animal I am painting at the time." For Glazier, it is “…a warm, living, breathing process that brings me back again and again to the easel. It is my ultimate reward.”
Many of the artist’s admirers and collectors consider Glazier to be an extraordinary artist whose paintings seem “alive.” For her, this is warm praise, because she desires to share what she experiences through her paintings. She hopes the viewer, too, will feel the warmth of the sun or the crisp chill of winter, smell the sage and dust, or hear the bellow of the bison.
Glazier knew she wanted to be an artist from early childhood. In her teens, she lived in Wyoming where she immersed herself in the rugged, western terrain. There she was mentored and taught by artist Adolph Spohr, who gave her private instruction and taught her how a professional uses paint and brush…how to observe and self-correct. The artist’s style evolved over time. After seeing a dramatic photograph of a grizzly, she was awakened to a desire to paint animals “close up and hair-by-hair.” The artist has taken hands-on anatomy classes that enable her to paint an amazingly accurate portrait of an animal from its bone structure to muscles to hair, bringing it life on her canvas.
The artist enjoys much success as one of today’s most talented wildlife painters. Her original works are represented by one of America’s leading galleries. Her paintings have been featured at prestigious shows throughout the country, and two of her works hang in the Museum of Church History and Art in Salt Lake City.
Glazier and her husband reside in an idyllic setting in Nevada where a spacious studio allows her to create her extraordinary paintings and continue her journey of discovery to capture “the whole picture.”
- Hunters Moon by Nancy Glazier from $95.00
- Power Landing by Nancy Glazier from $695.00
- Spring Break by Nancy Glazier from $30.00
- Morning Magic by Nancy Glazier from $35.00
- Peace on Earth by Nancy Glazier from $35.00
- Domino by Nancy Glazier from $35.00
- The Gathering Place by Nancy Glazier $895.00
- Restless - Full Image by Nancy Glazier from $35.00
- Welcome the Dawn by Nancy Glazier from $35.00
- Shadow Tales by Nancy Glazier from $35.00
- Amazing Grays II - Full Image by Nancy Glazier from $35.00
- Rolling Thunder by Nancy Glazier from $35.00
- A Brand New Hope by Nancy Glazier from $195.00
- The Painted Desert by Nancy Glazier from $35.00
- A Moment in Time - Full Image by Nancy Glazier from $35.00
- Stormy - Full Image by Nancy Glazier from $35.00
- Misty Morn - Full Image by Nancy Glazier from $35.00
- Elk Ridge by Nancy Glazier from $35.00