Abstract Art Art Prints "Fine art"
Abstract art uses a visual language of shape, form, color and line,' to create a composition which exists independently from visual references in the world.' Western art had been, from the Renaissance up to the middle of the 19th century, underpinned by the logic of perspective and an attempt to reproduce an illusion of visible reality. The arts of cultures other than the European had become accessible and showed alternative ways of describing visual experience to the artist.
By the end of the 19th century many artists felt a need to create a new kind of art which would encompass the fundamental changes taking place in technology, science and philosophy. The sources from which individual artists drew their theoretical arguments were diverse, and reflected the social and intellectual preoccupations in all areas of Western culture at that time.
Abstract art, non-figurative art, non-objective art, and nonrepresentational art are loosely related terms. They are similar, but perhaps not of identical meaning.
- Sapphire – Gallery Wrapped Canvas by Travis Sylvester from $125.00
- Strawberry Cutthroat – Gallery Wrapped Canvas by Travis Sylvester from $110.00
- Tranquility – Gallery Wrapped Giclee Canvas by Travis Sylvester from $119.00
- Ghost – Gallery Wrapped Giclee Canvas by Travis Sylvester from $119.00
- First Light by Terry Lee $385.00
- Texas Longhorns by George Jones $170.00
- Heading Home by George Jones from $145.00
- Its Not Black and White by George Jones from $145.00
- Full Gallop by George Jones from $105.00
- Georgia Bull Dog by George Jones from $105.00
- Hanging Out by George Jones from $105.00
- The Chase Triptych by Ed Anderson from $795.00
- Fleur Jaune by Annie Rodrigue $100.00
- Bugle Once by Ed Anderson from $215.00
- Almost Morning by Ed Anderson from $215.00