Abstract Art Art Prints "Abstract"
Abstract art uses a visual language of shape, form, color and line,' to create a composition which exists independently from visual references in the world.' Western art had been, from the Renaissance up to the middle of the 19th century, underpinned by the logic of perspective and an attempt to reproduce an illusion of visible reality. The arts of cultures other than the European had become accessible and showed alternative ways of describing visual experience to the artist.
By the end of the 19th century many artists felt a need to create a new kind of art which would encompass the fundamental changes taking place in technology, science and philosophy. The sources from which individual artists drew their theoretical arguments were diverse, and reflected the social and intellectual preoccupations in all areas of Western culture at that time.
Abstract art, non-figurative art, non-objective art, and nonrepresentational art are loosely related terms. They are similar, but perhaps not of identical meaning.
- Freestone – Framed Print by Travis Sylvester $169.00
- Moose by Terry Lee from $160.00
- Moonstruck by Terry Lee $160.00
- Threes A Crowd by George Jones from $140.00
- Bear Colorful Art by Diane Whitehead from $85.00
- Brown Sugar – Gallery Wrapped Giclee Canvas by Travis Sylvester from $125.00
- Invader – Gallery Wrapped Giclee Canvas by Travis Sylvester from $119.00
- First Light by Terry Lee $385.00
- Texas Longhorns by George Jones $170.00
- Full Gallop by George Jones from $140.00
- Jewels by Bob Callender from $55.00
- Almost Morning Buffalo Art Prints by Ed Anderson from $215.00
- Jackrabbit Morning Wildlife Art Prints by Diane Whitehead from $85.00
- Afternoon Ride Cowboy Canvas Art by Diane Whitehead from $85.00
- Whats In the Tree Bear Art by Diane Whitehead from $85.00
- Meadow Bull Canvas Art by Diane Whitehead from $85.00
- Sunset Moose Canvas Art by Diane Whitehead from $85.00
- Red Sky Bear Art by Diane Whitehead from $95.00